Workspace Community Fund
The Workspace Community Fund allows Workspace to allocate a proportion of our surpluses each year to help finance projects within the local area. Since its launch the fund has allocated over £109,000 to 281 local community and voluntary projects.
The Workspace Community Fund provides financial assistance to voluntary and community groups that want to make a positive impact by improving the local area, promoting community involvement, enhancing the quality of life and wellbeing of local residents and addressing local needs.
The following groups have been selected to receive support from the Workspace Community Fund in 2019:
- Ballinascreen Men’s Shed – towards equipment for the group to allow them to increase the number of men attending the shed and to help with other community projects
- STEPS Mental Health – to fund vital counselling sessions locally
- Draperstown Traders – towards the annual Busking Festival which takes place in Draperstown in August
- Glasgowbury – towards their summer programme of activities for young people
For further information contact Shauna on 028 7962 8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view photos of groups who have received funding in the past please click here
Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund
The Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund opened for applications on 1st April 2019. The Fund which is managed by RES and administered by Workspace, offers grants of up to £2,000 to community and voluntary groups from within a four mile radius of the wind farm site. The Fund encourages applications from community projects which are for the benefit of residents of this area and can provide both capital and revenue grants.
The main criteria used when assessing applications to the Fund will be:
- The benefits of the project to the wider Draperstown Community
- The impact of the grant/project on the group applying
- Additionality/likelihood of the project progressing without funding
- How the work will be continued after the project has been completed i.e. its sustainability and legacy.
- Level of innovation of the project
Other factors which will be considered and must be demonstrated in the application:
- The ability of the group to deliver the project
- Value for money
Click on the links below to download the Fund Eligibility Criteria and Application Form:
- Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Eligibility Criteria
- Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund Application Form
The closing date for applications to the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund is 5pm on Friday 10th May 2019. For more information contact Shauna on 028 7962 8113 or email email@example.com
RES, who asset manage the three turbine Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm, located in close proximity to Draperstown, has committed £25,000 per annum to the Draperstown area as part of its community benefit programme which offers financial support to the communities in which its wind farms are located.
£10,000 per annum will be distributed as grants through the Brackagh Quarry Wind Farm Community Fund with the remaining £15,000 per annum committed to assist in bringing the former Rural College/Derrynoid Centre site back into use for the benefit of the local Draperstown community.